NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
FBI Director Kash Patel said the shooter who opened fire in a "barbaric" attack on a Catholic school Mass in Minneapolis left multiple anti-religious references in his manifesto and on his firearms.
Patel provided the update in a post on X, saying, "As we continue to investigate yesterday’s barbaric attack from Robert [Robin] Westman, the male subject, our teams have gathered information and evidence demonstrating this was an act of domestic terrorism motivated by a hate-filled ideology."
The director then provided a list of updates in connection to the shooter.
GUNS USED BY MINNEAPOLIS CHURCH SCHOOL SHOOTER ROBIN WESTMAN WERE PURCHASED LEGALLY, POLICE SAY

FBI Director Kash Patel called Wednesday's Minneapolis Catholic school shooting a "barbaric" attack. (Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images)
"Subject left multiple anti-Catholic, anti-religious references both in his manifesto and written on his firearms," Patel said. "Subject expressed hatred and violence toward Jewish people, writing ‘Israel must fall,’ ‘Free Palestine,’ and using explicit language related to the Holocaust.
"He wrote an explicit call for violence against President Trump on a firearm magazine," he added.
Patel noted the FBI investigation is ongoing, and it will employ all counter-terror tools to "ensure this is fully investigated and deterred."
WNBA STAR SOPHIE CUNNINGHAM SENDS PRAYERS TO VICTIMS OF 'PURE EVIL' MINNEAPOLIS SHOOTING

Screenshots from a YouTube video posted by Robin M. Westman, 23, show the suspect police identified as the gunman in the Aug. 27, 2025, Minneapolis church school shooting. (Obtained by Fox News)
A 23-year-old born by the name Robert Westman, who later changed his name to Robin Westman, opened fire at a Mass being held at the Annunciation Catholic Church on Wednesday, which was attended by students from the attached school.
The attack left two children dead, while injuring 17 others, 14 of whom were children.
WHO IS ROBIN WESTMAN, SUSPECT IN ANNUNCIATION CATHOLIC SCHOOL SHOOTING IN MINNEAPOLIS?

Susan Saly, right, and Meagan Pierlouissi place flowers at a memorial at Annunciation Catholic Church after Wednesday's school shooting, Thursday, Aug. 28, 2025, in Minneapolis. (Abbie Parr/AP Photo)
Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O'Hara said Wednesday that three guns were recovered from the scene, all of which had been purchased by the shooter legally.
Additionally, O’Hara said a manifesto had been recovered after Westman had it timed to be released on YouTube.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The video showed Westman at the scene of the shooting as well as disturbing images. The footage has been removed from YouTube and is under review by investigators.
Greg Wehner is a breaking news reporter for Fox News Digital.
Story tips and ideas can be sent to Greg.Wehner@Fox.com and on Twitter @GregWehner.